The Sukup Commercial Bins were built to satisfy today's massive grain storage needs. More grain means more bushels, and that means bigger bins. We’ve answered the call for more storage with our 135’, 156’, and 165’ Commercial Bins. The 135' was the first ever fully-erected free-span bin to hold more than one million bushels followed by the 156' several years later. The 165’ is currently the largest free span bin in the world. With 1.4 , 2, and 2.25 million bushel capacities respectively, you can maximize your storage space, while minimizing the number of bins.
- 135’, 156’, & 165' Diameter
- Up to 30 rings tall
- 1.5M bushel capacity - 135’
- 2M bushel capacity - 156’
- 2.25M bushel capacity - 165'
- Clear span roof
- SAE Grade 8.0 Hardware with JS1000® hour plating or equivalent coating
- 70 ksi tensile strength steel for sidewall sheets and stiffeners
- Heavy-duty corrugated plate attaches sidewall to rafter making for a very strong connection
- Triple & quadruple laminated sheets and exclusive splice plate allow Sukup 135', 156', and 165' Commercial Bins to be erected more quickly than other bins of similar size.
- Patented splice plates eliminate the off-set in bin sheets, which prevents gaps that would allow grain leakage. This design also utilizes the full strength of the sheets (U.S. Patent #8,291,664)
- Double-ended stud bolt to ensure a watertight seal between stiffener and sidewall (U.S. Patent #10,407,935)
- Free span-extra heavy-duty roof
- 100,000 lb. standard peak load roof rating for 135' & 156'
- 150,000 lb. standard peak load roof rating for 165'
- Roof rating: 100,000 lbs. evenly distributed on peak ring as pure vertical peak load with 40 psf ground snow zone or 105 mph wind zone as defined by ASCE7-10 Code
- 16' flat surface platform at peak on 135' (21' on 156' & 165' diameter bin) allows for conveyor maintenance and provides a flat, safe place to stand while doing inspections or service
- Knot-passing pulley system standard on all structured roofs to aide in safe grain bin entry
- Roof rings are standard
- 26"x28" standard
- 2-ring heavy-duty walk-through door
- Exclusive 18" Poly Roof Vents are virtually indestructible with built-in debris deflectors prevent dirt, fines and other trash from collecting behind the vent
- 18" roof vent cut-outs feature a 1-1/8" lip to prevent leakage
- 24" power roof exhauster, deflector and screen options
- Power roof exhauster walk-around
- Eave walk-around
- Roof stairs
- Peak handrail
- Temperature cable mounting bracket
- Inside and outside ladders
- Sidewall stairs
- Two or three stiffeners
- All Bins Are Manufactured Under Sukup Manufacturing Co.’S ISO 9001 Certification Requirements
- Super Shield® to Provide an Extra Layer of Protection
- Patented Laminated Sidewall Splice Plates for Strong Construction
- Patented Double Ended Stud Bolt
Mark Geis, Geis Equipment, Inc.
The big push that I’ve got – other than the dryers, the dryers are number 1 – are the power sweeps. The power sweeps have really sold great. They’ve been used to the competition and they’ve found out how much better our product is.