The Sukup Engineering Day Contest (“Contest”) is open to eligible U.S high school and college students and their parents/guardians on their behalf (“Entrant(s)”). Judges will choose winning projects, and prizes will be awarded in accordance with these Official Rules (“Rules”)
1. Binding Agreement. Entrants agree that the submission of a project constitutes agreement to these Rules. Entrants confirm they have read, understand, and agree to the Rules prior to submission. The Rules constitute a binding agreement between Sukup Manufacturing Co. (“Sukup”) and the Entrant with respect to the Contest.
2. ELIGIBILITY. To be eligible to enter the Contest, an Entrant must: (a) be a U.S. citizen or a permanent legal U.S. resident (i.e. must be able to show proof of permanent legal residence); and (b) be enrolled in a private or public secondary school (grades 9-12), a home school (grades 9-12), or a private or public post-secondary school in the United States, a United States Territory in Puerto Rico, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Washington, D.C., a student of a U.S. Service Person serving abroad (collectively, "U.S. School(s)"); and, if under the age of 18, (c) have obtained a parent's or legal guardian's prior permission. Minors who enter must have the written consent of a parent or legal guardian in order to be eligible to receive any prizes, as described in Section 8 of these Rules. The contest is void where prohibited by law.
3. SPONSOR. The Contest is sponsored by Sukup Manufacturing Co. ("Sukup" or "Sponsor"), an Iowa corporation with a principal place of business at 1555 255th St. Sheffield, IA, USA.
4. CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest begins on January 19, 2022, 8:00 am Central Standard Time (CST) Zone in the United States and ends on February 21, 2022, 10:00 AM Central Standard Time (CST) Zone ("Contest Period"). All dates are subject to change.
5. HOW TO ENTER. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. To enter the Contest, visit the Contest website located at https://www.sukup.com/events/engineering-day ("Contest Site") during the Contest Period. You will be requested to submit STEP, STL, or Solidworks file designs through the website submission link. Project entries for participants under the age of 18 must be submitted by parents, guardians, teachers, non-profit leaders, and afterschool programs on behalf of Entrants. The project must meet the requirements outlined on the submission page.
6. REQUIREMENTS. Entries must not contain any content, material, or element that displays any third party advertising, slogan, logo, trademark, or other intellectual property. Entries also may not infringe on the intellectual property, publicity, or privacy of a third party.
7. Judging. Judges will evaluate entries to ensure they meet the requirements. Sukup reserves the right to refuse any Submission at its sole discretion. Sukup also reserves the right at any time during the competition to remove or disqualify any Submission when it believes in its sole discretion that the entrant has: (i) infringed any third party's intellectual property; (ii) failed to comply with these Terms and Conditions; or (iii) failed to obtain the necessary consents as set out in these terms and conditions.
8. Judging Criteria. The following criteria will be used to evaluate and score entries: Rubric
• Winner(s) will be notified during the webinar and notified via email after the conclusion of the webinar.
• All submissions will receive a 3-D printed version of their project at a sized scale below the MAX requirements.
• The winner will receive a receive a certificate and a 3-D printed version of their project at a larger scale –no larger than 4x4x6 (width X depth X height) inches.
• Tie-breaker – in the case of a tie-breaker additional winners will be announced.
• Decisions of the judges are final and binding.
9. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS: As between Sukup and the Entrant, the Entrant retains ownership of all intellectual and industrial property rights (including moral rights) in and to the project. As a condition of entry, Entrant grants Sukup a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, transferable, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, adapt, modify, publish, distribute, publicly perform, create a derivative work from, and publicly display the project for any purpose, including display on the Sukup website, without any attribution or compensation to Entrant. Entries will not be returned. Entry into this Contest will in no case serve to transfer any Sukup intellectual property rights to the Entrant. Sukup further reserves the right to publish the name and likeness of Entrants.
11.WARRANTY AND INDEMNITY: Entrants warrant that their projects are their own original work and, as such, they are the sole and exclusive owner and rights holder of the submitted project and that they have the right to submit the project in the Contest and grant all required licenses. Each Entrant agrees not to submit any project that: (a) infringes any third-party proprietary rights, intellectual property rights, industrial property rights, personal or moral rights or any other rights, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, trade names, industrial designs, patent, trade secret, privacy, publicity or confidentiality obligations; or (b) otherwise violates applicable state, federal, or local law.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, Entrant indemnifies and agrees to keep indemnified Sukup at all times from and against any liability, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs, and expenses resulting from any act, default, or omission of the Entrant and/or a breach of any warranty set forth herein. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Entrant agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Sukup from and against any and all claims, actions, suits, or proceedings, as well as any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys fees) arising out of or accruing from (i) any project or other material uploaded or otherwise provided by Entrant that infringes any copyright, trademark, trade secret, trade dress, patent or other intellectual property rights of any person or defames any person or violates their rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) any misrepresentation made by Entrant in connection with the Contest; (iii) any non-compliance by Entrant with these Rules; or (iv) claims brought by persons or entities other than the parties to these Rules arising from or related to Entrant's involvement with the Contest.
12. RIGHT TO CANCEL, MODIFY OR DISQUALIFY: If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, Sukup reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
13. NOT AN OFFER OR CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT: Under no circumstances shall the submission of a project into the Contest, the awarding of a prize, or anything in these Rules be construed as an offer or contract of employment with either Sukup or the Contest Entities. Entrants acknowledge that they submitted their project voluntarily and not in confidence or in trust. Entrants acknowledge that no confidential, fiduciary, agency, or other relationship or implied-in-fact contract now exists between Entrant and Sukup or the Contest Entities and that no such relationship is established by Entrant's submission of a project under these Rules.
14. GOVERNING LAW: These Rules shall be governed by, subject to, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Iowa, United States of America, excluding all conflict of law rules. If any provision(s) of these Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.