Top Features: Centrifugal Dryers
- QuadraTouch Pro Controls w/ Smart Loop Technology
- Static Moisture Sampling
- In House Training On Operation
Sukup Centrifugal Dryers are available as full-heat only models or as pressure-heat/vacuum-cool models. The full-heat models operate the same as Single Axial Fan dryers except that centrifugal fans run more quietly. Pressure heat/vacuum-cool dryers can dry in heat/cool mode and operate nearly as efficiently as a full-heat dryer. Pressure heat/vacuum-cool dryers have a 2/3-1/3 split plenum allowing the centrifugal fan to create a vacuum in the lower plenum of the dryer and pull outside air in through the grain column. This cools the grain and heats the air, which is then fed into the intake of the fan. The warmer air coming into the fan and heater then reduces the amount of gas needed to dry within the upper plenum. This dryer can also be converted to full-heat when needed.
Centrifugal Dryers operate more quietly than axial dryers.
Airflow is supplied by Sukup belt-driven dual inlet centrifugal fans and heat is provided by efficient Sukup heaters.
Single plenum Sukup Centrifugal Dryers are designed for full heat drying.
More efficient than traditional pressure heat/pressure cool dryers.
Heat given off by the cooling grain is cycled back into the drying process.
Less fuel is required to raise the drying air temperature.
The QuadraTouch ProTM is the simple-to-use touch screen control system used on all Sukup Grain Dryers.
The extremely user-friendly menu-driven system makes operation easy for those who are not tech-savvy.
It is designed to eliminate around-the clock monitoring and increase productivity and efficiency.
S.M.A.R.T. Loop (Simultaneous Monitoring And Reaction Technology) uses advanced algorithms to increase dryer efficiency and reduce large swings in temperature and discharge moisture.
The PLC-based system is built to withstand harsh environments such as dust, humidity, and electrical noise.
The touchscreen can be remotely-located up to 200 ft. away from dryer using an Ethernet cable.
The system received an AE50 award from the American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers for outstanding innovations in agriculture.
The QuadraTouch ProTM assits in troubleshooting by directing you to the specific fault that shut down your dryer and providing videos, wiring diagrams and excerpts from the manual right on screen.
Quad Metering Rolls
Sukup's exclusive, patented Quad Metering Roll System is standard on all Sukup Portable Grain Dryers.
By using two metering rolls on each dryer column, Sukup is able to pull grain down the drying columns at different speeds. The inner, hotter layer of grain is pulled down the column faster than the cooler, outer layer. The process produces more even moisture content of the dried grain, minimizes damage, and maintains higher test weights and overall quality.
They reduce moisture variation and maintain grain quality without blocking airflow or creating spots for debris to accumulate.
The Sukup Quad Metering Roll System received an AE50 Award from the American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers.
Automatic Moisture Control
Sukup was the first company to make true moisture sensing standard on its dryers.
Sensing the moisture content, rather than temperature, gives a more accurate measure of drying progress and results in more consistent final moisture content.
Moisture content information is collected from the sensor located in the discharge tube.
Fans & Heaters
Axial fan dryers are low-speed fans - 1750 RPM
Low-speed axial fans are quieter than traditional axial fans used for in-bin drying and aeration because they run at half the speed.
Sukup fans are well-known within the agricultural industry for their high airflow, efficient operation and excellent reliability.
Electronic modulating valve heater controls provide computer-controlled gas flow to maintain plenum temperature set by the operator.
This system is much more fuel efficient than on-off or high-low controls.
Plenum temperature can be easily adjusted from the control box.
Optional Accessory Equipment:
- Ethernet cable connects the QuadraTouch ProTM control box to the dryer. 50', 100', 150' or 200' lengths available
- Support legs available in 24", 36" or 48" lengths. (24" not available on stacked dryers)
- Incoming moisture sensor kit is field-installed and allows you to monitor the incoming grain moisture and gives the metering rolls a heads-up adjustment if the incoming grain moisture changes abruptly (std. on stacked and tower dryers)
- Moisture sensor jump auger field-installed. Moves the moisture sensor into a more vertical position to keep fines from building up on it and throwing off the calibration. It also keeps a consistent amount of grain over the sensor, regardless of how fast the metering rolls are turning.
- Lift brackets are bolted to the top of the dryer for use as lift points if the dryer is to be picked up by a crane.
- Phone Modem will call a pre-programmed number in the event of a dryer shut-down. Requires a land-line telephone connection
- GSM modem sends a text message to a pre-programmed number in the event of a dryer shut-down. You can also text the dryer and it will reply with current operating status. Adjustments such as changing plenum temp, grain moisture set point or shutting dryer down can be made from your cell phone. Works off of GSM cell phone signal.
- QuadraTouch ProTM Remote Monitor Software allows you to view the QuadraTouch Pro screen and change dryer settings from a PC or laptop. Dryer cannot be started remotely. Customer must set up network between touch screen, PLC and computer.
- Yard kit is used to make a dryer truly portable. Uses implement tires permanently mounted to the dryer
- Frame jacks are used with yard kit. When dryer is moved into position, simply crank down the jacks to support the weight of the dryer with no other support necessary.
- Discharge extensions
- Service catwalk is located at the top of the dryer by the wet bin, one side only
- Side clean-off catwalk is located on the vertical portion of the outer screens, allowing you to safely clean the vertical screens and the top angled screen. Side clean-off catwalk goes around both sides and the rear of the dryer. Available for single-module or stacked dryers.
- Fan inlet cover is a canvas cover used to keep the fan blades from free-wheeling and also to keep debris out of the dryer
- Auxillary motor controls - kits for fill or take-away equipment. 5, 7.5, 10 and 15 hp kits available
- Batch-dry temp option allows you to batch dry using a temperature sensor in the grain column
- Stainless steel outer screens
- Stainless steel outer hardware