Top Features: Axial Dryers | Split-Plenum
- QuadraTouch Pro Controls w/ Smart Loop Technology
- Quad Metering Rolls
- Switching between Full-Heat and Heat/Cool at the touch of a button
Split-Plenum Axial-Fan Dryers have an internal divider between the plenums, so each fan and heater blows into its own chamber and is not affected by the other. This allows them to dry in Full-Heat mode with staged drying temps, where they may run very hot on the top chamber and cooler on the bottom chamber to preserve more grain quality.
Split-Plenum Axial-Fan Dryers can also run in Heat/Cool mode where all the drying is done in the top plenum and the heater is turned off in the bottom plenum.
Using two smaller fans allows you to run a larger dryer on single-phase power than you could with a Single Fan Dryer.
2/3-1/3 Split or 50/50 Split
Sukup Split-Plenum Axial-Fan Dryers are available in two different fan configurations, 2/3-1/3 Split, or 50/50 Split. 2/3-1/3 Split dryers are the more popular and economic style. They are easy to recognize because the top fan is always larger diameter than the bottom fan. When running in heat/cool mode, 2/3 of the dryer is heating or drying grain and the bottom 1/3 is cooling. Grain is typically approximately 20°-30°F above ambient temperature.
50/50 Split dryers have two fans of the same size. They can also run in full-heat or heat/cool mode. These dryers are typically purchased to run in full-heat mode and get a little more airflow, and as a result, higher capacities, than a single fan dryer. When running in heat/cool mode, they will discharge grain very near ambient temperature, but they will have less capacity than a 2/3-1/3 split because only half of the dryer is heating while the other half cools.
The QuadraTouch ProTM is the simple-to-use touch screen control system used on all Sukup Grain Dryers.
The extremely user-friendly menu-driven system makes operation easy for those who are not tech-savvy.
It is designed to eliminate around-the clock monitoring and increase productivity and efficiency.
S.M.A.R.T. Loop (Simultaneous Monitoring And Reaction Technology) uses advanced algorithms to increase dryer efficiency and reduce large swings in temperature and discharge moisture.
The PLC-based system is built to withstand harsh environments such as dust, humidity, and electrical noise.
The touchscreen can be remotely-located up to 200 ft. away from dryer using an Ethernet cable.
The system received an AE50 award from the American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers for outstanding innovations in agriculture.
The QuadraTouch ProTM assits in troubleshooting by directing you to the specific fault that shut down your dryer and providing videos, wiring diagrams and excerpts from the manual right on screen.
Quad Metering Rolls
Sukup's exclusive, patented Quad Metering Roll System is standard on all Sukup Portable Grain Dryers.
By using two metering rolls on each dryer column, Sukup is able to pull grain down the drying columns at different speeds. The inner, hotter layer of grain is pulled down the column faster than the cooler, outer layer. The process produces more even moisture content of the dried grain, minimizes damage, and maintains higher test weights and overall quality.
They reduce moisture variation and maintain grain quality without blocking airflow or creating spots for debris to accumulate.
The Sukup Quad Metering Roll System received an AE50 Award from the American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers.
Automatic Moisture Control
Sukup was the first company to make true moisture sensing standard on its dryers.
Sensing the moisture content, rather than temperature, gives a more accurate measure of drying progress and results in more consistent final moisture content.
Moisture content information is collected from the sensor located in the discharge tube.
Fans & Heaters
Axial fan dryers are low-speed fans - 1750 RPM
Low-speed axial fans are quieter than traditional axial fans used for in-bin drying and aeration because they run at half the speed.
Sukup fans are well-known within the agricultural industry for their high airflow, efficient operation and excellent reliability.
Electronic modulating valve heater controls provide computer-controlled gas flow to maintain plenum temperature set by the operator.
This system is much more fuel efficient than on-off or high-low controls.
Plenum temperature can be easily adjusted from the control box.
Optional Accessory Equipment:
- An Ethernet cable connects the QuadraTouch Pro control box to the dryer. 50', 100', 150' or 200' lengths available
- Support legs available in 24", 36" or 48" lengths.
- Incoming moisture sensor kit is field-installed and allows you to monitor the incoming grain moisture and gives the metering rolls a heads-up adjustment if the incoming grain moisture changes abruptly (std. on stacked, mixed flow and tower dryers)
- Static Discharge Moisture Sampler catches a sample of discharged grain, test the moisture, and releases it, making it more accurate than testing moving grain.
- Lift brackets are bolted to the top of the dryer for use as lift points if the dryer is to be picked up by a crane.
- GSM modem sends a text message to a pre-programmed number in the event of a dryer shut-down. You can also text the dryer and it will reply with current operating status. Adjustments such as changing plenum temp, grain moisture set-point, manual unload speed, or shutting down the dryer can also be made from your cell phone. Works off of GSM cell phone signal.
- MySukup Remote Web Access allows you to monitor and make changes to your dryer from your device. Dryer cannot be started remotely.
- Yard kit is used to make a dryer truly portable. Uses implement tires permanently mounted so that the dryer can be moved from site to site or stored in a building. Frame jacks are used with yard kit. When dryer is moved into position, simply crank down the jacks to support the weight of the dryer with no other support necessary.
- Discharge extensions for unload auger are available up to 10 ft.
- Service catwalk is located at the top of the dryer by the wet bin, one side only
- Side clean-off catwalk is located on the vertical portion of the outer screens, allowing you to safely clean the vertical screens and the top angled screen. Side clean-off catwalk goes around both sides and the rear of the dryer.
- Canvas fan inlet cover used to keep the fan blades from free-wheeling and also to keep debris out of the dryer
- Auxillary motor controls - kits for fill or take-away equipment. 5, 7.5, 10 and 15 hp kits available
- Column temperature sensor allows you to batch-dry based on grain temperature.
- Stainless steel outer screens instead of standard galvanized screens.
- Stainless steel outer hardware instead of standard JS 500 plated hardware.
- Noise Suppression Kits quiets the axial fans. Engineered noise absorbing panels are used to build an enclosure around the fan without reducing airflow.