Top Features: Axial Dryers | Single Plenum
- QuadraTouch Pro Controls w/ Smart Loop Technology
- Quad Metering Rolls
- Electronic Mod Valve Heater Control
- High Grain Column Holding Capacity
Single Fan & Heater Dryers provide the most economical choice for full-heat drying, discharging hot grain (generally 120°F - 150°F). The grain must then be cooled in a grain bin with a full floor and fan(s) providing 1/3 – ½ cfm/bu of airflow when full, or 12 cfm per bu/hr. Full-heat drying combined with slow in-bin cooling, or dryeration, provides the most efficient method to dry while giving the best grain quality.
Sukup Single Fan & Heater Dryers can also be operated in batch mode. Batch drying allows you to run a heat and a cool cycle with a single fan dryer. Batch drying also allows you to dry extremely high moisture corn (30% or more) when continuous flow is not possible.
The QuadraTouch ProTM is the simple-to-use touch screen control system used on all Sukup Grain Dryers.
The extremely user-friendly menu-driven system makes operation easy for those who are not tech-savvy.
It is designed to eliminate around-the clock monitoring and increase productivity and efficiency.
S.M.A.R.T. Loop (Simultaneous Monitoring And Reaction Technology) uses advanced algorithms to increase dryer efficiency and reduce large swings in temperature and discharge moisture.
The PLC-based system is built to withstand harsh environments such as dust, humidity, and electrical noise.
The touchscreen can be remotely-located up to 200 ft. away from dryer using an Ethernet cable.
The system received an AE50 award from the American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers for outstanding innovations in agriculture.
The QuadraTouch ProTM assit in troubleshooting by directing you to the specific fault that shut down your dryer and providing videos, wiring diagrams and excerpts from the manual right on screen.
Quad Metering Rolls
Sukup's exclusive, patented Quad Metering Roll System is standard on all Sukup Portable Grain Dryers.
By using two metering rolls on each dryer column, Sukup is able to pull grain down the drying columns at different speeds. The inner, hotter layer of grain is pulled down the column faster than the cooler, outer layer. The process produces more even moisture content of the dried grain, minimizes damage, and maintains higher test weights and overall quality.
They reduce moisture variation and maintain grain quality without blocking airflow or creating spots for debris to accumulate.
The Sukup Quad Metering Roll System received an AE50 Award from the American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers.
Electronic modulating valve heater controls provide computer-controlled gas flow to maintain plenum temperature set by the operator.
This system is much more fuel efficient than on-off or high-low controls.
Plenum temperature can be easily adjusted from the touchscreen.
High Grain Column Holding Capacity
Sukup crossflow dryers have the widest grain columns available at 14 inches. Wider grain columns allows for more grain in process. This promotes higher grain quality and fuel efficiency when compared to narrower grain columns.
Automatic Moisture Control
Sukup was the first company to make true moisture sensing standard on its dryers.
Sensing the moisture content, rather than temperature, gives a more accurate measure of drying progress and results in more consistent final moisture content.
Fans & Heaters
Axial fan dryers are low-speed fans - 1750 RPM.
Low-speed axial fans are quieter than traditional axial fans used for in-bin drying and aeration because they run at half the speed.
Optional Accessory Equipment:
- An Ethernet cable connects the QuadraTouch Pro control box to the dryer. 50', 100', 150' or 200' lengths available
- Support legs available in 24", 36" or 48" lengths.
- Incoming moisture sensor kit is field-installed and allows you to monitor the incoming grain moisture and gives the metering rolls a heads-up adjustment if the incoming grain moisture changes abruptly (std. on stacked, mixed flow and tower dryers)
- Static Discharge Moisture Sampler catches a sample of discharged grain, test the moisture, and releases it, making it more accurate than testing moving grain.
- Lift brackets are bolted to the top of the dryer for use as lift points if the dryer is to be picked up by a crane.
- GSM modem sends a text message to a pre-programmed number in the event of a dryer shut-down. You can also text the dryer and it will reply with current operating status. Adjustments such as changing plenum temp, grain moisture set-point, and manual unload speed, or shutting down the dryer can also be made from your cell phone. Works off of GSM cell phone signal.
- MySukup Remote Web Access allows you to monitor and make changes to your dryer from your device. Dryer cannot be started remotely.
- Yard kit is used to make a dryer truly portable. Uses implement tires permanently mounted so that the dryer can be moved from site to site or stored in a building. Frame jacks are used with yard kit. When dryer is moved into position, simply crank down the jacks to support the weight of the dryer with no other support necessary.
- Discharge extensions for unload auger are available up to 10 ft.
- Service catwalk is located at the top of the dryer by the wet bin, one side only
- Side clean-off catwalk is located on the vertical portion of the outer screens, allowing you to safely clean the vertical screens and the top angled screen. Side clean-off catwalk goes around both sides and the rear of the dryer.
- Canvas fan inlet cover used to keep the fan blades from free-wheeling and also to keep debris out of the dryer
- Auxiliary motor controls - kits for fill or take-away equipment. 5, 7.5, 10 and 15 hp kits available
- Column temperature sensor allows you to batch-dry based on grain temperature.
- Stainless steel outer screens instead of standard galvanized screens.
- Stainless steel outer hardware instead of standard JS 500 plated hardware.
- Noise Suppression Kits quiets the axial fans. Engineered noise absorbing panels are used to build an enclosure around the fan without reducing airflow.