March 11, 2020- Sukup Manufacturing Co. is actively monitoring the spread of COVID-19, also called “coronavirus.” At this time, the virus has not caused any disruptions to Sukup operations or supply chain.
UPDATED August 19, 2020
The company is taking a number of extra precautions, including:
- Additional sanitizing of work areas, break rooms, and conference rooms
- Additional training in receiving and trucking areas, with further training planned
- Additional training for sales and logistics teams
- Greatly reducing outside guests to Sukup, including vendors, plant tours, and meetings with external organizations
- Displaying educational materials around the facility
- Suspending on-site catering
- Suspending all international travel, limiting domestic travel
- Implementing a dedicated COVID-19 response team and related employee policies
- Reducing number of meeting attendees and utilizing rooms that allow for 6 feet of personal distance, as well as utilizing virtual meeting technology
- Adjusting work schedules for employees impacted by lack of childcare due to school closure
- Providing guidance on breaks and lunches to reduce employee congregation and touch points
- Displaying visual indicators to remind employees of social distancing
- Implementing temperature screening stations for all employees and visitors to Sukup (as of April 21, 2020)
- Asking employees to carpool only with immediate household members
- Requiring use of face coverings at work (as of May 11, 2020)
- Additional health screening for new hires
- Scheduled, periodic sanitizing of buildings by a professional cleaning service
- Providing Red, Yellow, and Green bracelets to all employees as a voluntary visual indicator – using them to easily signal their comfort level with social distancing and face coverings to co-workers
- Implementing a contactless parts pick up for Sukup customers and dealers
Sukup is encouraging all employees to wash their hands frequently with soap and warm water, and to stay home and use sick time if they are feeling sick. The company is also providing information and educational resources through a company-wide email.
“As a family-owned and operated company, the health and safety of our employees is an extremely high priority,” said Steve Sukup, President and CEO of Sukup Manufacturing Co. “At this time, we are being cautious, but also continuing to keep our manufacturing operations moving to get products to customers.”
Sukup will communicate further actions related to COVID-19 to employees through email, time clock announcements, and/or the company text message system if needed.
About Sukup Manufacturing Co.
Sukup Manufacturing Co. is the world’s largest family-owned and operated manufacturer of grain storage, grain drying and handling equipment, and steel buildings. The company is headquartered in Sheffield, Iowa, and covers 1,000,000 sq. ft. of office, manufacturing and warehouse space. The company employs more than 600 people, making it one of the largest employers in North Central Iowa. Three generations of the family are active in the business.
Sukup’s product line includes on-farm and commercial grain bins; portable, mixed-flow and tower dryers; centrifugal and axial fans and heaters; stirring machines; bin unloading equipment and bin floors and supports. Sukup also manufactures material handling equipment including bucket elevators, conveyors and support structures; and steel buildings.
Sukup has six distribution centers in the Midwest. Sukup products are sold throughout the U.S. and Canada, and in more than 80 other countries.
For more information please contact:
Sukup Manufacturing Co.