Performs service/repair/installation work as required on Sukup products for Sukup customers, and assists Service Manager with other duties. Overnight travel is required.
Servicing Sukup and/or other brands of grain handling equipment would be helpful. Mechanical ability and ability to quickly learn product installation/service would be useful. Trouble-shooting for electrical wiring and gas piping necessary. Basic electrical knowledge, ability to read schematics and wiring diagrams, and knowledge of using meters required.
- Ability to converse with external and internal customers easily so that they can comprehend the information easily.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence as needed.
- Ability to make service presentations to customers, potential accounts and in front of large groups.
- Ability to use computer to search for customer purchases/information.
- Ability to use Microsoft Outlook for email communication.
- Ability to use word processing software to write reports and correspondence.
It is important that this person can remain calm under stressful situations as customers are sometimes agitated and upset when they call with a service issue. Knowledge on how to deal with difficult people would be useful. Must be helpful to people in a courteous and diplomatic manner.
- Perform service/repair work on all Sukup products domestically and internationally as required including but not limited to dryers, grain bins, material handling, and grain handling products.
- Assist and/or manage installation of Sukup equipment.
- Provide technical advice and information on installation and service of Sukup products.
- Assist in quality assurance inspection and review.
- Assist in research and development projects and testing of Sukup products.
- Assist with and/or supervise construction projects at Sukup facilities or at trade shows.
- Overnight travel will be required.
- Develop and present Sukup installation and service training sessions for Sukup dealers on Sukup products. This would include presentations at Sukup distribution centers, and it would require overnight travel.
- At management's discretion, you will be required on occasion to operate a commercial motor vehicle having a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of 26,0001 or more pounds; therefore, you must have a valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL). You will also be subject to alcohol and controlled substance testing as required and regulated by the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT).
- Review and develop installation & operation manuals for Sukup grain handling products.
- Other duties as required.
*must be eligible
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is, and will continue to be, the policy of Sukup Manufacturing Co to practice a program of equal employment designed to assure that all employment decisions and advancement opportunities are made available to all employees and applicants on the basis of individual qualifications and without unlawful regard to race, religion, veteran status, national origin, disability, age or sex.
In addition to providing equal employment opportunities, it is also our policy to provide an environment free from unlawful harassment, including sexual harassment. Any alleged violation of this policy will be investigated and disciplinary action will follow as required.