The Environmental Health, and Safety Manager will implement policies to ensure a safe and healthy work environment. This position will require a high level of organization and will rely heavily on communication between various Sukup Manufacturing departments as well as outside vendors. This individual must possess a high level of confidentiality and the ability to prioritize tasks daily.
Essential Job Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Safety, Occupational Safety and Health or related field preferred; Master’s Degree desirable. Five years of related experience preferred. A combination of reliant work history and education may also be considered.
Extensive knowledge of environmental and safety regulations and policies. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Excellent written and verbal communication and outstanding interpersonal skills. Excellent organization skills including attention to detail and follow-through. Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel.
This role will be responsible for the safe daily operations of our manufacturing facility. This role requires overall understanding of the manufacturing process with the proven ability to prioritize arising issues while continuously monitoring and improving compliance and safety procedures.
- Inspects the facility to identify safety, health, and environmental risks
- Develops and implements inspection policies and procedures, and a schedule of routine inspections
- Develops health and safety procedures for all areas of the company
- Prepares and schedules training to cover emergency procedures, workplace safety, and other relevant topics
- Drafts inspection reports to document inspection findings
- Ensures that material safety data sheets are maintained and readily accessible when needed
- Maintains records of discharge of or employee exposure to hazardous waste and/or pollutants, as required
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local safety laws, regulations, codes, and rules
- Ensures completion of required OSHA recordkeeping and reporting
- Identifies opportunities to minimize workplace injuries, accidents, and health problems
- Reviews safety training and recommends revisions, improvements, and updates
- Conducts safety inspections and audits to assess employee compliance with safety regulations
- Consults on ergonomic evaluations in workplace environments
- Develop PPE requirements
- Conducts orientation safety trainings
- Coordinates and oversees any OSHA incident investigations and follow ups
- Works with Operations on equipment installs and moves for proper safety compliance
- Conducts safety certifications trainings
- Facilitate supervisor safety training
Consults on product safety committee for safety warning compliance
Performs other related duties as assigned
*must be eligible
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is, and will continue to be, the policy of Sukup Manufacturing Co. to practice a program of equal employment designed to assure that all employment decisions and advancement opportunities are made available to all employees and applicants on the basis of individual qualifications and without unlawful regard to race, religion, veteran status, national origin, disability, age or sex.
In addition to providing equal employment opportunities, it is also our policy to provide an environment free from unlawful harassment, including sexual harassment. Any alleged violation of this policy will be investigated and disciplinary action will follow as required.