The Automation Systems Engineer will work with our existing PLC and HMI software platforms to refine existing and develop new control systems to expand our connected solutions portfolio. They would also aid in the development of tangential and complementary products that would help support the company’s product offerings.
Essential Job Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate technical concepts in an understandable and concise way
- Ability to work as a teammate within an overall dedicated team
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management skills with the proven ability to work on multiple projects and stay within scope, schedule, cost, and quality specifications
- Background in embedded systems programming and design
- Background in SCADA and automation platform architecture
- Ability to adapt and learn new programming environments
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and other related software
- Collects information on project specifications, performance requirements, and known capabilities and limitations
- Refines existing and designs new control systems for the company’s automation portfolio
- Reviews and modifies existing software to improve performance, correct errors, and conform with compatibility requirements of available hardware
- Determines feasibility of proposed application modifications or design, ensuring the needs and requirements of the user will be met within time and cost requirements
- Designs applications and systems to meet the project requirements, collaborating with systems analysts, engineers, programmers, and other developers as needed
- Develops and leads software system testing and validation procedures; compiles relevant documentation
- Trains, or provides training documentation to, users on new or modified applications
- Performs other related duties as assigned
*must be eligible
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is, and will continue to be, the policy of Sukup Manufacturing Co. to practice a program of equal employment designed to assure that all employment decisions and advancement opportunities are made available to all employees and applicants on the basis of individual qualifications and without unlawful regard to race, religion, veteran status, national origin, disability, age or sex.
In addition to providing equal employment opportunities, it is also our policy to provide an environment free from unlawful harassment, including sexual harassment. Any alleged violation of this policy will be investigated and disciplinary action will follow as required.