As an Accounts Payable Clerk, you will be responsible for processing all invoices received for payments and for undertaking the payment of all creditors in an accurate, efficient and timely manner. This will involve, compiling and maintaining accounts payable records, while also providing clerical and administrative support as needed.
Essential Job Requirements:
- High school diploma required
- Business or Accounting degree preferred
- Certified Accounts Payable Professional (CAPP) certification preferred
- Must be reliable and extremely trustworthy
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be able to learn other accounting software systems
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidential and meticulous records
- Receives and verifies expense reports; reconciles expense and other financial reports with account balances and other office records
- Processes invoices daily and processes for payment or reconciliation
- Communicates with various departments, vendors, purchasing and receiving to ensure proper billing
- Facilitates payment of vendors, which may include verification of federal ID numbers, reviewing purchase orders, and resolving discrepancies. Printing and mailing checks as needed
- Ensures outstanding obligations are credited upon payment, identifies discount opportunities, and issues purchase order amendments or stop-payment orders as needed
- Assists with accounting records and ledgers by reconciling monthly statements and transactions
- Other related duties as assigned
*must be eligible
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is, and will continue to be, the policy of Sukup Manufacturing Co. to practice a program of equal employment designed to assure that all employment decisions and advancement opportunities are made available to all employees and applicants on the basis of individual qualifications and without unlawful regard to race, religion, veteran status, national origin, disability, age or sex.
In addition to providing equal employment opportunities, it is also our policy to provide an environment free from unlawful harassment, including sexual harassment. Any alleged violation of this policy will be investigated and disciplinary action will follow as required.